LTG Sports Turf One
Construction Jobs Florida
Benefits: Medical, Life Insurance, 401k, Dental
The Estimating Assistant works closely with the estimating team to ensure success within the department as it relates to all estimating assignments associated with part production cost, print details, and third-party outsourcing. This person will assist senior estimators in obtaining the necessary information in order to generate and send quotes to customers in a timely fashion.
- Analyze and interpret construction drawings, specifications and addendums to ensure codes and regulations are met and prepare quantity take-offs, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Obtain bid submittals from subcontractors and vendors.
- Solicit subcontractors for pricing information.
- Evaluate subcontractors for pricing information.
- Relay bid pricing to bid runners.
- Material take-offs.
- Scan, print, and organize plans.
- Draft and email clear quotes including accurate details needed to receive pricing from capable suppliers.
- E-mail and/or over the phone. Maintain communication on status of all quotes.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have math skills; multiplication, division, percentages, fractions, conversion of units of measure.
- Computer skills; Web navigation, document scanning, typing, Excel, Word, Outlook, Microsoft Office application competency.
- Effective and professional communication skills-verbal and written.
- Detail oriented, ability to multitask, and have flexibility.
- Time management skills, prioritize responsibilities. Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle stressful situations such as heavy/varying workload and order accuracy.
- Logical troubleshooting skills.